Friday, June 1, 2007

Manual labor

Hey guys. Had a really busy day for a change. Kinda still new to this blog thing, so ill just start from the beginning.
Woke around about 7 AM which is pretty dadgum early for a high school guy that doesnt have a job. Well... anyway the reason I got up so early was to help get Zephyr ready(for those of you that dont know me thats a baptist encampment, which also gives you a hint to which religion I practice) for the coming raid of campers that would soon pour onto the establishment. Well anyway, I thought I would be trimming some brush, maybe paint a couple of benches and I would be on my way, but no. As soon as we got there the camp staff (which is made up of mostly gigantic monsters thats would happily rip your arm off, T.Y., Bobiginush ;long U sound;ect.) gave us (Matt, Steven,myself, joe chaddik, and some girl from Amarillo) a couple of little metal scrapers and some wire brushes and told us to scrape paint of of the front gate and fence of the camp. So I think to myself, ok this wont be all that bad just a little scraping here and there and were done. Well...my assumption had turn out to be a bad one, there was about six or seven layers of paint that had built up over the years, and we were the lucky crew that had to take care of it. So, about 2 hours into scraping me and joe get a little tired of it. So we decided to hijack Bobiginushes (the "supervisor") golf cart that he drives around camp. So we take off for a bit and then come back a couple of minutes later. Well when we got back, they had started to paint the fence we scraped black so me and joe got to work. About 30 minutes into working joe took a break and stood around for awhile. Well, when joes back was turned, Bobiginush gets a fully loaded paint brush and smacks joe across the face with it. I cant get into details, but me and joe are concocting a plan to get back at Bobiginush while at camp, looks like im going to be in the middle of a war at camp which sound pretty fun. Well that pretty much sums up my day. Heres a that video i promised you. Thats all for now.



No comments: